Kangaroo Island Multicultural Directory
Be the first to advertise in Kangaroo Island Multicultural Directory!
We are developing kangarooisland.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Kangaroo Island for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Multicultural Directory in Kangaroo Island?
Kangaroo Island Multicultural
Multicultural Organisations and Community Activities in Kangaroo Island, South Australia
Kangaroo Island, located off the coast of South Australia, is a unique destination with stunning landscapes, rich wildlife and a thriving community of multicultural organisations. These organisations celebrate and share culture, language, traditions and experiences through a range of events, activities and services. In this article, we will outline some of the multicultural organisations on Kangaroo Island and their benefits and activities.
1) Kangaroo Island Community Centre - The centre is a hub for the Kangaroo Island community, offering a range of services and activities for all ages and cultural backgrounds. The centre supports and creates programs that provide social and educational opportunities, promotes community wellbeing and cultural diversity. Some of the programs offered include Social Meals, Playgroup, English Conversation and Seniors Exercise. Contact details: (08) 8553 2809.
2) Kangaroo Island Cultural Centre - The Cultural Centre showcases the best of Kangaroo Island's creative and cultural heritage. It is a pivotal platform for Indigenous storytelling, providing programs that promote cultural exchange, deeper understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture. It also houses a rotating exhibition gallery showcasing local artists and artisans. Contact details: (08) 8553 0383.
3) Friends of Dudley Peninsula Parks - The Friends of Dudley Peninsula Parks is a non-profit group that works to protect and preserve the natural and cultural heritage of Kangaroo Island's parks, reserves and coastlines. The group promotes eco-tourism, conservation, and sustainable development. Membership is open to all and provides opportunities for volunteering, networking and learning about the local flora and fauna. Contact details: (08) 8553 4443.
4) Kangaroo Island Language and Literacy Centre - The Centre is committed to promoting literacy and language learning, particularly in communities that may experience language barriers. The Centre also assists in the provision of language services to schools, services and communities to promote better communication between departments within the community. Contact details: (08) 8553 8672.
5) Kangaroo Island Men's Shed - The Men's Shed is a community organisation that provides a safe, friendly, and inclusive space for men to socialise and engage in practical activities. It is a place where members learn, share and create with like-minded people. The Men's Shed promotes community participation, health and wellbeing, and also provides support to its members. Contact details: (08) 8553 2215.
6) Migrant Resource Centre South Australia - The Migrant Resource Centre South Australia on Kangaroo Island provides settlement services for migrants, refugees, and International students. The Centre provides support on issues related to housing, legal advice, and general settlement. The Centre encourages and supports individuals and families to become active citizens in their new community. Contact details: (08) 8553 2809.
7) Kangaroo Island Family Violence Prevention Forum - The forum is dedicated to eliminating violence by promoting healthy relationships that are respectful and equal. The forum provides resources and information promoting awareness on issues related to family violence, and they also help support individuals and families who are experiencing violence. Contact details: (08) 8553 2809.
8) Kangaroo Island Food and Wine Association - The Association promotes a premium culinary and wine experience on Kangaroo Island. Through the promotion of local produce and practices, KIFWA is dedicated to preserving the Kangaroo Island region's distinct food culture and traditions. With numerous food and wine festivals and events throughout the year, KIFWA encourages locals and visitors to explore and enjoy the diverse tastes of Kangaroo Island. Contact details: (08) 8553 2611.
Kangaroo Island's Multicultural Organisations provide diverse opportunities for residents and visitors alike to learn about and appreciate the Island's unique history, environment and culture. From community activities, language courses, men's sheds, and food and wine festivals, there is something for everyone. If you are interested in engaging with these groups and initiatives, contact information has been included.
Kangaroo Island Multicultural Articles