Kangaroo Island Local Services
Kangaroo Island ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Kangaroo Island site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Kangaroo Island Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Kangaroo Island When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Kangaroo Island Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Kangaroo Island Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Kangaroo Island ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Kangaroo Island and a Place to Meet
The kangarooisland.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Kangaroo Island
Welcome to the Kangaroo Island Facts web page! Here you'll find interesting tidbits and information about one of Australia's most unique and beautiful destinations.
- Kangaroo Island is Australia's third-largest island, after Tasmania and Melville Island.
- The island is home to diverse wildlife, including over 20 species of mammal, such as kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and possums, as well as a variety of bird species, including pelicans, albatross, and wedge-tailed eagles.
- It is also home to a unique subspecies of the Australian sea lion, found only on Kangaroo Island.
- The island has a rich history, dating back to the indigenous Narungga people, who inhabited the area for thousands of years before European settlement.
- Matthew Flinders was the first European to visit the island in 1802, and he named it Kangaroo Island after encountering large numbers of kangaroos there.
- The island has a Mediterranean climate, and is known for its stunning beaches, rugged coastline, and natural landscapes, which include national parks and conservation areas.
- Kangaroo Island is also famous for its food and wine, with a thriving local industry producing high-quality products such as honey, cheese, and wine.
- Some of the island's most popular attractions include Flinders Chase National Park, Seal Bay Conservation Park, and the Remarkable Rocks, a stunning natural rock formation that has been shaped over millions of years by wind and waves.
- In recent years, Kangaroo Island has faced challenges including bushfires and the COVID-19 pandemic, but the resilience and strength of the local community continues to shine through.
Thanks for visiting our Kangaroo Island Facts web page, and we hope you've enjoyed learning more about this amazing destination!