Kangaroo Island Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Kangaroo Island?
Kangaroo Island Tourism
Kangaroo Island located off the coast of South Australia is an exciting travel destination, promising breathtaking scenery, scenic coastal roads, untouched wilderness, and a variety of outdoor activities. Here is a list of must-visit tourist attractions in and around Kangaroo Island.
1. Seal Bay Conservation Park: Home to around 1,000 Australian Seals, the Seal Bay Conservation Park is a popular tourist attraction that offers visitors a unique and intimate wildlife experience. Visitors to the park can take a walk on the boardwalk, marveling at the seals basking on the sand. Contact Details: Seal Bay Road, Seal Bay. Phone: +61 08 8553 4463
2. Flinders Chase National Park: The Flinders Chase National Park, with its rugged cliffs, deep valleys, and sweeping forest landscapes, is one of Kangaroo Island’s most popular attractions. Must-visit spots in the park include Admirals Arch, a natural stone bridge overlooking the ocean, and Remarkable Rocks, giant granite boulders that have been carved by wind and sea over millions of years. Contact Details: South Coast Road, Flinders Chase
3. Kelly Hill Caves: Located in the center of Kangaroo Island, the Kelly Hill Caves are a popular attraction for those who love caving and rock formations. Visitors can explore the underground cave system with a guide or enjoy a self-guided tour. Contact Details: South Coast Road, Karatta. Phone: +61 8 85530511
4. Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary: The Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary offers visitors a chance to see koalas, echidnas, kangaroos, and other wildlife up close. Visitors can take a self-guided tour or join a guided tour to learn more about the animals and the sanctuary’s conservation work. Contact Details: South Coast Road, Karatta. Phone: +61 8 85598209
5. Cape Willoughby Lighthouse: Located at the eastern end of Kangaroo Island, the Cape Willoughby Lighthouse is a popular destination for history buffs. Visitors can climb to the top of the lighthouse to enjoy the scenic views of the island and the surrounding ocean. Contact Details: Cape Willoughby Road, Penneshaw. Phone: +61 8 8553 4463
6. Penneshaw Penguin Centre: Kangaroo Island is home to the largest colony of little penguins in Australia, and the Penneshaw Penguin Centre offers visitors a chance to see these adorable creatures up close. Visitors can enjoy a guided tour to learn more about the lives of the penguins. Contact Details: Howard Drive, Penneshaw. Phone: +61 8 8553 1185
7. Emu Bay Lavender Farm: The Emu Bay Lavender Farm is a popular destination for visitors looking for a relaxing retreat. Visitors can stroll through the fields of lavender, enjoy a picnic, and purchase lavender oils and other products made on site. Contact Details: Point Morrison Road, Emu Bay. Phone: +61 8 8553 5150
Kangaroo Island has a lot to offer for travelers looking for a unique and unforgettable experience. Whether you’re interested in wildlife, nature, history, or relaxation, Kangaroo Island has something for everyone. So, pack your bags and come explore this wonderful island paradise!
Kangaroo Island Tourism Articles