Kangaroo Island Travel and Flights
Flights and Travel into Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island is one of Australia's must-visit destinations known for its diverse wildlife and stunning natural beauty. Located off the coast of South Australia, it offers a unique and unforgettable experience for travelers.
Getting to Kangaroo Island
There are two primary ways to reach Kangaroo Island:
1. By Ferry:
The most popular and scenic way to get to Kangaroo Island is by taking a ferry from Cape Jervis, which is located about 1.5 hours south of Adelaide.
You have two options for ferry services:
- Sealink Ferry: Sealink operates regular ferries between Cape Jervis and Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island's main town. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Kangaroo Island Connect: Another ferry service provider, Kangaroo Island Connect, runs a faster ferry service with the trip taking only 30 minutes.
2. By Air:
If you prefer to travel by air, you can take a flight from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island.
- Regional Express (REX): REX operates daily flights between Adelaide and Kingscote, Kangaroo Island's largest town. The flight duration is approximately 30 minutes.
Getting Around Kangaroo Island
Once you arrive on Kangaroo Island, you will need a vehicle to explore the island, as public transportation is limited. Some options for getting around include:
- Renting a Car: Several car rental agencies operate on Kangaroo Island, allowing you the freedom to explore at your own pace.
- Taking a Guided Tour: There are various guided tours available that showcase the island's highlights and provide transportation.
- Using Taxis: Taxis are available on the island, but they may be limited, so it's advisable to book in advance.
Accommodation on Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Some popular choices include:
- Hotels and Resorts: Kangaroo Island features several hotels and resorts that offer comfortable accommodations with various amenities.
- Bed and Breakfasts: Many charming bed and breakfast establishments can be found across the island, providing a more intimate experience.
- Holiday Homes and Cottages: Renting a holiday home or cottage is a popular option, particularly for families or travelers seeking self-catering facilities.
- Camping and Caravan Parks: For those who enjoy the outdoors, Kangaroo Island offers several camping and caravan parks situated in scenic locations.
Major Attractions on Kangaroo Island
Kangaroo Island is renowned for its natural wonders and abundant wildlife. Some of the island's popular attractions include:
- Flinders Chase National Park: Home to iconic landmarks like Remarkable Rocks and Admiral's Arch.
- Seal Bay Conservation Park: A chance to see a colony of Australian sea lions up close.
- Little Sahara: A unique area with massive sand dunes, perfect for sandboarding.
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park: An opportunity to encounter native animals such as kangaroos, koalas, and penguins.
- Vivonne Bay: A picturesque beach known for its crystal-clear waters and white sandy shores.
Make sure to plan your itinerary well in advance and consider the weather conditions during your visit. Kangaroo Island offers a truly unforgettable experience for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers alike.
How to get Sale and Discount Flights for Kangaroo Island locals and South Australia visitors
Through an agreement we have between our trusted travel network partner Kayak and www.kangarooisland.guide we are delighted to offer you Heavily Discounted Flights and Car Hire. Here you can use the same services most Travel Agents use without the price markup. Enjoy :-) Simply Visit..